DAY 1: WARSAW
- meeting our guide at the airport
- transfer to the hotel, check-in
- rest of the day at leisure
DAY 2: WARSAW
- following the footsteps of St. Faustina Kowalska. Visit to the Convent of Our Lady of Mercy (Żytnia St.), where young Helena Kowalska entered the Convent and received a name Sister Mary Faustina. Holy Mass in the Chapel
- sightseeing of Warsaw with a local guide: churches of the Old Town, UNESCO site – Sanctuary of Our Lady Full of Grace (with a holy picture of St. Mary given to the Polish king in the 17th century by the Innocent X), St. John Cathedral, walk along the Royal Route
- dinner in a restaurant with a typical Polish food
DAY 3: WARSAW → Niepokalanów → PŁOCK
- visit to the tomb of Blessed Jerzy Popiełuszko, who was a priest of oppositional movement called Solidarity [Solidarność] during the People’s Republic, and was murdered by the unknown authors. Visit to the museum of Jerzy Popiełuszko
- drive towards Częstochowa, to the Franciscan Monastery in Niepokalanów. It was founded by Polish St. Maximilian Kolbe in 1927. Kolbe is a martyr from the death camp in Auschwitz – Bierkenau. Holy Mass
- departure to Płock at the Vistula river, afternoon at leisure. Overnight in Płock
DAY 4: PŁOCK → Głogowiec → CZĘSTOCHOWA
- Holy Mass at the Convent, where St. Faustina had her first vision. According to her Diary Jesus asked her to:
Paint an image according to the pattern you see, with the signature: “Jesus, I trust in You”. I desire that this image be venerated, first in your chapel, and then throughout the world. I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not perish
- sightseeing of Płock: Cathedral, Duke’s Castle, visit to the convent in Stara Biała
- drive to Głogowiec, the birthplace of St. Faustina. Holy Mass in a parish church of St. Kazimierz in Świnice Warckie, where newly born Faustina was baptized
- departure to Częstochowa. At 21.00 trusting prayer “Apel Jasnogórski”
- overnight in Częstochowa
DAY 5: CZĘSTOCHOWA → Oświęcim → CRACOW
- the Saint Mary Sanctuary in Częstochowa, the most important of that kind in Poland and one of the most visited by the pilgrims. Black Madonna – a painting that is exposed to the public only for a short period every day, which for years was believed to be-painted by St. Luke the Evangelist himself. Holy Mass in Our Lady Chapel.
- visit Paulin’s Monastery of Jasna Góra with a local guide
- drive to Oświęcim, prayer in the cell of St. Maksimilian Kolbe on the site of the former Nazi Concentrated Camp Auschwitz – Birkenau,UNESCO site
- Overnight in Cracow
DAY 6: CRACOW → Wadowice → Kalwaria Zebrzydowska → CRACOW
- drive to Wadowice, hometown of St. Pope John Paul II (Karol Wojtyła)
- visit to the house where the pope was born in 1920, now a biographical museum
- tasting of pope’s favorite cake, a cream pie [kremówka]
- departure to Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, to a charming town with a historical Way of the Cross listed by UNESCO. The religious center is beautifully located on the hill and enriched with small chapels. The site was visited by the Pope twice.
- drive back to Cracow. Overnight in Cracow
DAY 7: CRACOW – ŁAGIEWNIKI
- Sanctuary of Mercy in Łagiewniki. Prayer by the tomb of St. Faustina. Holy mass in the Chapel of Divine Mercy. Visit to the center of John Paul II Do not be afraid
- following the footsteps of Karol Wojtyła in Cracow with a local guide. Traces of John Paul II are to be found in Cracow at almost every turn. From 1938, when young Wojtyła came to study Polish Philology at the university, through the war period and his later pastoral duties Cracow was Wojtyła’s home.
- Franciszkańska 3 (Palace of Bishops) where the pope always stayed during his visits to Poland. Place became famous for late-night dialogues between the pope – standing in the window – and the crowds of people gathered in front of the building.
- Visit to the Old Town and Wawel Hill to see historical places related to Karol Wojtyła, i.e.: the Wawel Cathedral (where the pope was consecrated as bishop in 1958), Jagiellonian University, St Mary’s Basilica.
DAY 8: CRACOW → WARSAW