Chopin tour gives you a chance to see the birthplace of the composer. Recommended for everybody interested in the life of Frederic Chopin and Polish culture.
Chopin Tour: Zelazowa Wola
Only 60 km from Warsaw you will find a birthplace of the composer. If you have a free day during your Warsaw stay, book a half day for your Chopin tour or ask for a package tour: Warsaw and Żelazowa Wola.
Żelazowa Wola is a small village an hour drive from Warsaw. You will find there a small manor in which the composer was born in 1810. Apart from the manor, there is also a 7-hectare beautifully kept park at Utrata River. The Museum is a division of Fryderyk Chopin Museum in Warsaw managed by the Fryderyk Chopin Institute. The manor is opened to the public since 1939.
Chopin Tour: short history of the village
The first mention of Żelazowa Wola dates back to 1579 with the municipal act. On March 1 or February 22 in 1810, Frederic Chopin was born as the second child of the Chopin family. He didn't live there long, a few month-old Chopin moved with his parents to Warsaw in the autumn of 1810. However, the young Frederic visited the place often during his holiday and other family celebrations. You will also visit it during our Chopin tour. During World War II the German soldiers stationed in the mansion and at the end of the war there was even a hospital in this building.
We recomend to follow footsteps of Chopin during your stay in Warsaw. On your guided Chopin tour in Warsaw you will find many places connected to Chopin: Saxon Park and Palace, Łazienki Palace and many others.
Useful information about Chopin Tour
Opening hours of Fryderyk Chopin's birthplace in 2017:
- from 02.01. to 31.03. (January - March): 9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m. (the last visitors enter at 4:15 p.m.),
- from 01.04. to 30.09. (April - September): 9:00 a.m. - 7 p.m. (the last visitors enter at 6:15 p.m.),
- from 01.10. to 31.12. (October - December): 9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m. (the last visitors enter at 4:15 p.m.),
- on 28.03. and 11.11.: 9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- on 01.05.- 03.05., 15.05, 26.05 and 15.08: 9:00 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Closed on: Mondays (park is opened)
Fryderyk Chopin's birthplace and Park are closed: January 1st (New Year); March 27th (Easter); November 1st; December 24th, 25th, 26th (Christmas); December 31st and January 1st 2017 (New Year)
- from the 1st of April to the 30th of September 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. The last visitors will enter the Museum at 6.15 p.m.
- from the 1st October to 31st March – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The last visitors will enter the Museum at 4.15 p.m.
Żelazowa Wola (park and museum) 5,8 EURO
Żelazowa Wola (park) 1,8 EURO
Żelazowa Wola (park and museum) 3,5 EURO
Żelazowa Wola (park) 1 EURO[:]