©Photos 4&5 by Sławomir Oboda
This tour is suited for people interested in gems, precious stones, minerals and rare rocks. Our destination is Lower Silesia in South Western Poland: real, gemhunters paradise. Local mountain range is one of the oldes in Europe, here gold, chrysophrase, uranium, agates, mountain crystals and many other minerals can be found (and picked!). The region is famous beause of numerous castles, dozens of palaces and picuresque spa towns.
What You will visit?
- abandoned quarry in Lubiechowa, rich of agates,
- Miedzianka ghost town, with copper-rich spoil tips,
- small abandoned quarry in Szklary (with serpentinites, nickel and possibly chrysophrase)
- river near Złotoryja, where one can find small particles of gold,
- Szlkary chrysophrase mine, where "Silesian green gold" was extracted from XVIIIth century (guided tour)
- Kowary uranium mine, used to produce first Soviet atomic bomb (guided tour)
- Stanisław quarry, picturesque open pit granite mine high in the mountains, where lucky one can find mountain crystals.
-Książ castle, one of the biggest palaces in Europe, with Nazi-era underground corridors beneath (guided tour),
-Church of Peace in Świdnica, woodden, XVIIth century marvel, listed on UNESCO-World Heritage List (audioguide)
-Wrocław, with picturesque Old Town, UNESCO-listed Centannial Hall and Medieval peninsula of churches with gothic cathedral (guided/coach tour with some walks)
... and many more.
The tour is best suited for groups of 15 - 30 people
SPARK will provide:
-overnights based on bed & breakfas in twin/double rooms, in ***hotels
-bus with driver for the lenght of the tour,
-professional, English-speaking tour leader,
-entrance tickets to attractions mentioned in program,
- English-speaking, geological guides for visits to gem sites,
-helmets for head protection,
-devices for gold extraction
-lunch or dinner meals
-hammers and gloves for gem hunting
What will be not included in price?
Proposed lenght of the tour is 6 days.
Tour can end with a free day in Prague or Berlin, which are easily accesible from Lower Silesia.
Cost of the tour depends on starting dates, lenght, size of the group. Please ask for details on email@example.com.
Gem sites are available from May to October.