A tour for nature lovers to Europe's natural wonders: Masurian Lake District and Białowieża Forest Natural Park.
Masuria, known as region of thousands lakes, is picturesque area in Notrh-Eastern Poland. With innumerable lakes, where one can bath, kayak or sail, with teutonic castles, picturesque towns and villages, with fascinating, multicultural past, And with thousands of storks, flying overhead in the summertime! And Białowieża is a last, European primeval forest, with big population of Żubrs - European Bisons, living freely on meadows.
During the tour our guests will take part in 3-day rafing on Masurian lakes and rivers, will make a boat cruise on biggest Polish lake (Śniardwy), visit fascinating, historical places and try local specialties. In Białowieża forest we will invite them for animal tracking activities, taking place shortly before sunrise, under guidance of local guide, armed in binoculars. Guests will have an opportunity to meet the king of the forrest, the majestic bison, the Żubr!
Pick-up from airport. Bus transfer to a hotel in Masuria region for check-in and overnight.
After breakfast the group will be taken by bus (it is short, dozen kilometer ride) to a place where the first day of kayaking starts. Kayak route today is 24 km long, it is 6-7 hours of slow rowing. Group will travel across 6 lakes (Białe, Gant, Zyzdrój Wielki, Zyzdrój Mały and part of Spychowskie lake) and 4 small rivers. There are many possible stops for rest and for meals on the way. At the end of the tour the group will be picked by bus and taken to the hotel.
Rest of the day is free.
Overnight in a hotel.
After breakfast: kayaking day II. Bus transfer to starting point. Route (23 km) goes through Spychowska Struga river, Uplik, Mokre and Krutyńskie lakes, ends in Krutyń village. From here the group will be taken by bus to the hotel.
It’s up to 6 hours of rowing plus some meal breaks on the way.
Overnight in a hotel.
Breakfast and departure for final day of kayaking. Route is 22 km/5-6 h. long, leads partly through Krutynia Dolna natural reserve, with small rivers, marshes and streams. There are also multiple bars and bistros on the way. In the end – bus transfer to the hotel.
Free time till overnight. Night in the same hotel as above.
Early breakfast. Plan for today: bus tour to interesting places in Masurian region. On the route (proposal of places to visit):
- Wojnowo – monastery and museum of Orthodox Old Believers community,
- Święta Lipka – one of the most beautiful, baroque sanctuaries in Poland,
- Gierłoż (Wolfschanze) - ruins of Hitler’s war HQ, site of July 1944 assassination attempt
- giant XIXth century Prussian fortress Boyen in Giżycko
After sightseeing: ferry cruise on Śniardwy, the biggest lake in Poland (route from Giżycko to Mikołajki resort). Then the group will be picked from Mikołajki by bus and taken to the hotel.
Free time till overnight.
Breakfast, check-out, departure to Białowieża. Possible lunch brake on the way. After arrival: guided tour (in English) in Białowieża Natural Park museum, palace park and area of strict, natural reserve (it takes around 5 hours).
Check-in and overnight in hotel in Białowieża.
Wake up! Very early in the morning (1 hour before sunrise!), a bus will transfer the group for animal tracking in Białowieża forest. Tracking will be made in groups of up to 8 people, each one guided by English-speaking guide. Each group will be equipped with 3-4 pairs of binoculars (covered in price). Tracking lasts 6 hours. Then – breakfast and rest. Afternoon – visit to European Bison reserve. Afterwards - fireplace with local food at the edge of the forest.
Overnight in hotel in Białowieża.
Breakfast, check-out and departure to Airport (around 4 hours drive, plus possible stop for lunch on the way and short sightseeing stops).
This tour is best suited for groups of 15 - 30 people
What’s in price?
- 7 overnights: 5 in a hotel in lake district area, 2 in Białowieża area (hotels are described below), with breakfasts, in twin or double rooms,
- bus with driver for group disposal for the length of the tour (28+1 or 49+1 seater, depends on the size of the group),
- English speaking tour leader (provided by SPARK) for the length of the tour
- 2 lifeguards, accompanying the group during kayaking on days 2-4,
- internal English speaking guides: in Gierłoż-Wolfschanze (day 5) and for program in Białowieża forest (days 6-7),
- entrance tickets to: Gierłoż-Wolfschanze, Ryn Teutonic castle, Boyen fortress in Giżycko (day 5), Białowieża museum and natural reserve (days 6-7).
Entrance to both monasteries on day 5 is free of charge, although voluntary gifts are well seen (2-5 pln per person, this is not included in price).
- ticket for ferry cruise from Giżycko to Mikołajki (day 5),
- additional AD&D insurance for kayaking (days 2-4),
- city taxes,
- 1 kayak for 2 person with 2 pairs of paddles (days 2-4),
- food and wood for farewell fireplace (day 7)
- 1 bottle of mosquito spray repelent per person.
- HB meals (lunch or dinner)
- single supplement (overnights in single room, rafting in one-man kayak)
Any other services and costs (for example plane tickets, launch meals, voluntary tips for driver and tour leader) are not covered and should be paid individually by participants of the tour. Also any damage made by clients to the equipment (bus, binoculars, kayak etc.) is not covered in price and insurance, and has to be covered on spot.
Price depends on tour date, hotel standard and number of people in group. Please email us (email@example.com for more details.